Water Safety Instructor
The purpose of the American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach courses in the
American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety program by developing their understanding of how to use the course
materials, how to conduct training sessions and how to evaluate participants’ progress.
Course Location: GCISD Swim Center
2305 Pool Rd., Grapevine, TX 76034
Course Dates & Times: All dates and times are mandatory. Aquatex does not allow mixing/substituting dates
of one course with another
March 2019 Course: Registration for March WSI closes March1,2019
March 13, 14 & 15 8:30A-6:30P
April 2019 Course: Registration for April WSI closes March 29, 2019
March 29 7:45P Water pretest
April 27, 28 & May 4 8:30A-6:30P
May 2018 Course: Registration for May WSI closes April 30, 2018
March 29 7:45P Water pretest
May 5, 11 & 18 8:30A-6:30P
Course Fee: $265
Please mail registration form and payment to: Aquatex. PO Box 594, Colleyville, TX 76034
New this season!
Cash payments: Save an additional $10/participant
Check payments: Please note: Personal checks:
No certificates will be dispensed until the check has cleared the bank.
Credit card payments: Add 3.5% convenience fee.
This is a BLENDED LEARNING course. Please visit the FAQ page to find out more about blended learning.
To Enroll In This Course:
- Show proof of age (must be at least 16 yrs.) Please bring proof of age to the pretest (driver’s license/birth certificate/military ID).
- Send payment of check or cash along with completed registration form, prior to the first day of class.
- Swim 25 yd of the following: Front crawl Breaststroke Elementary Backstroke
Back Crawl Sidestroke Butterfly (15 yd. only)
- Maintain position on back 1 minute in deep water (floating or sculling)
- Tread water for 1 minute
Those that successfully complete the pretest activities will proceed with the course.
Refunds requested due to failure of the precourse or cancellation within 24 hours of the course will be subject to a $100.00 fee.
To Successfully Complete This Course You Must:
- Attend all sessions. Be on time.
- Fully participate in the class sessions and skills.
- Complete homework assignments, including preparing written lesson plans.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Demonstrate that effort was put forth toward homework assignments.
I.e. The subject matter is appropriate & complete & presented in a professional manner.
- Provide appropriate feedback, as requested, to peers after practice-teaching sessions.
- Receive feedback from instructor trainer as well as peers in a professional manner.
- Treat others with respect.
- Successfully complete the required number of practice-teaching assignments.
- Score at least 80% on the final instructor course written exam.
RULES FOR THESE WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR SESSIONS: